GLEMT / FORGOTTEN
By Simone Grøtte. Co - produced by Arctic Arts Festival, Norway 2017.
I ask my granddad what sound he remembers best from the war. He answers “The hatch that was battened down above us when the torpedo alarm sounded.” Granddad recounts how at the age of eleven he was taken from his home and forcibly evacuated on the German ship Karl Arp. Why hadn’t I heard about this before? Why hadn’t I asked?
The contemporary dance performance FORGOTTEN digs into the collective and individual memory of World War 2, in which Northern Norway and its inhabitants were hit particularly hard.
Through authentic sound recordings, objects and movements the performance seeks to explore the mysterious nature of memory, trauma, survival and hope.
To lose, to forget, to repress and recall. And to try to rise again.
For more reviews of FORGOTTEN, see Press.
31. March 2019 19.00 pm - Nordkapp Kultursal, Honningsvåg
04. April 2019 19.00 pm - Samovarteateret, Kirkenes
08. April 2019 18.00 pm - Alta Kultursal
11. April 2019 19.00 pm - Arktisk Kultursenter, Hammerfest
1. September 2018 16.00 pm - Internationale Tanzmesse nrw, Düsseldorf, Germany
16. September 2018 18.00 pm - Harstad Kulturhus
4. November 2018 19.00 pm - Stormen Konserthus, Bodø
7. November 2018 19.00 pm - Nordland Teater, Mo i Rana
15. November 2018 14.30 pm - Cinars, Montreal Canada
17. November 2018 15.00 and 17.00 pm - Dansens Hus, Oslo
18. November 2018 15.00 and 17.00 pm - Dansens Hus, Oslo
4. May 2018 18.00 and 20.00 pm - Rådstua Teaterhus, Tromsø
5. May 2018 18.00 pm and 20.00 pm - Rådstua Teaterhus, Tromsø
8. May 2018 19.00 pm - Rådstua Teaterhus, Tromsø
11. May 2018 19.00 pm - Lakselv Kultursal
12. May 2018 18.00 pm - Lakselv Kultursal
14. May 2018 19.00 pm - Halti Kultursenter, Nordreisa
15. May 2018 19.00 pm - Senter for nordlige folk, Kåfjord
22. May 2018 19.00 pm - Finnsnes Kulturhus
23. May 2018 19.00 pm - Istindportalen, Målselv
25. May 2018 19.00 pm - Narvik Kulturhus
30. November 2017 17.30 pm and 19.30 pm - Showbox Festival, The Black Box Theatre, Oslo.
25. June 2017 13.00 pm and 20.00 pm - Arctic Arts Festival, Harstad
24. June 2017 - Premiere at Arctic Arts Festival / Festspillene i Nord-Norge, Harstad
NRK Troms: - Bestefar, hvilken lyd husker du best fra krigen?
NRK Troms radio: - Urpremiere på Glemt
Nordlys: - Simone forteller bestefarens krigshistorie
iTromsø: - Setter opp forestilling om krigshistorien i Nord-Norge
NRK Finnmark radio: - Danseforestillingen Glemt
Concept / direction / choreography: Simone Grøtte
Composer / sound design: Herman Rundberg
Set design: Mari Lotherington
Costume design / tailoring: Else Ciljan Jakobsen and Caroline Evju
Dancers: Karianne Andreassen, Dag Rune Sjøli / Magnus Haals, Åsne Storli / Henriette Hamli, Hanne Svenning / Synne Sørum and Geir Hytten / Mikael Rønne
Cast 2019: Karianne Andreassen, Henriette Hamli, Synne Sørum, Magnus Haals / Sigurd Roness and Erlend Danielsen / Mikael Rønne
Lighting design: Tor Ditlevsen
Historic consultant: Arvid Petterson
Directing consultant: Katrine Strøm
Mask: Ole Elias Høve
Musicians: The Arctic Philharmonic Orchestra, Kristian Olstad and Herman Rundberg
Vocals: Mari Boine, Ola Bremnes, Inger Márja Eira and The Sami children choir
Supported by: The Norwegian Arts Council, Fond for lyd og bilde, Spenn, Fond for utøvende kunstnere, Sametinget and Dansearena nord.